John Mason School has recently joined the Abingdon Learning Trust and this page will be updated shortly.
Local Academy Board
We are pleased to welcome you to the governors’ section of the site. We hope it will give you an insight into who we are and what we do.
The John Mason School is an academy managed by The Abingdon Learning Trust.. Each school within The Abingdon Learning Trust is managed by its local governing board and the senior leadership team of the school.
Working in partnership with the Headteacher and staff, governors ensure high standards of achievement for the young people in the school. We focus on strategy and school improvement; we decide what we want the school to achieve, set priorities and monitor progress to realise these aims. We have three core strategic functions delegated to us by The Abingdon Learning Trust Board:
• Setting the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school, within the context of The Abingdon Learning Trust.
• Holding the Headteacher and senior staff to account for the educational performance of the school and its students.
• Ensuring the school remains within the budget delegated by The Abingdon Learning Trust and making sure the money is well spent.
Who are the Governors?
The local academy board is made up of the Headteacher and people from various different groups who have an interest in the success of the school, including parents, staff, and the community. The governors welcome a range of viewpoints, and make decisions together about a variety of issues. Between them governors have a wide breadth of skills and experience to enable the governing body collectively to support and challenge the school leadership.
• Chair of Governors: Mr Paul Brooks
• Headteacher: Mrs Sarah Brinkley
• Clerk to the Governors: Mr Rob Barron
Mr Douglas Aitken
Ms Helen Bottomley
Mrs Jean Challis
Mr Barry Graham
Mr Mark Timbs
Mr Richard Marsh
Mrs Amy Prior
Mr Terry Watts
Mrs Sarah Richens
There are currently no documents for download.
Abingdon Learning Trust