Support Staff Vacancies
As Lemov writes, ‘No one wants to spend their career at odds with the organisation they work for, trying to hide from the training it offers, or watching the philosophy change every year while thinking, this too shall pass.’
John Mason School -Cultural Fit
Working in a school where you are not aligned with the culture is a miserable experience. So … we both need to have alignment if you come to work here!
· We believe that every child deserves a Champion.
· We believe that we can all improve as teachers.
· We believe in the limitless potential of people.
· We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students’ progress.
· We believe that teaching requires dedication and sweat.
· We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better – you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
· We believe that basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
· We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with feedback.
· We expect every teacher to plan lessons using assessment information.
· We believe that staff and students come equal first.
· We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
· We admire the generosity of spirit.
· We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
· We live by the values of Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
Closing Date: 1st March 2019
Location: John Mason School
Salary Grade: Grade 2 (£16,495-£16,626 FTE pro rata, approximately £625.00 per month)
Contract Type: Part-time, permanent
Hours of Work: 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. Monday to Friday, term time only plus 2 INSET days
Closing Date: Friday 1 March 2019, 1pm
Interview Date: Interviews on application. Should a suitable candidate be identified the vacancy may be closed early.
Start: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic person to work as part of the successful catering team at John Mason School. We cater for our students and staff as well as supporting several local schools within the area. Working in a friendly school environment, the successful application will be responsible for the preparation, cooking and delivery of the daily lunch service.
The successful candidate must:
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of a catering establishment
• Have energy, enthusiasm, a sense of humour and be hard working
• Be friendly and approachable
• Be flexible with the ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively
• Possess a clean driving license as travel to other school establishments will be required
• Possession of a Food Hygiene Certificate would be desirable
If you feel that you want to be part of our team and the exciting journey ahead, then we look forward to receiving your application.
An application pack is available from the John Mason School website or from email@example.com
CVs alone are not acceptable.
Abingdon Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the terms and conditions of maintained schools, including maternity benefits.
Abingdon Learning Trust has a responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to apply for a DBS check at an enhanced level