Teaching Staff Vacancies
As Lemov writes, ‘No one wants to spend their career at odds with the organisation they work for, trying to hide from the training it offers, or watching the philosophy change every year while thinking, this too shall pass.’
John Mason School -Cultural Fit
Working in a school where you are not aligned with the culture is a miserable experience. So … we both need to have alignment if you come to work here!
· We believe that every child deserves a Champion.
· We believe that we can all improve as teachers.
· We believe in the limitless potential of people.
· We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students’ progress.
· We believe that teaching requires dedication and sweat.
· We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better – you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
· We believe that basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
· We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with feedback.
· We expect every teacher to plan lessons using assessment information.
· We believe that staff and students come equal first.
· We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
· We admire the generosity of spirit.
· We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
· We live by the values of Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
Teacher of German (w/Spanish or French)
Closing: 30th April 2018
Teacher of MFL (German and Spanish)
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS (if post threshold)
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Closing Date: Monday 30th April 2018 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Interviews on application. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early.
Start: 1 September 2018
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic German teacher to join our well-established and highly successful MFL Faculty teaching students in KS3-KS5.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a passion for teaching languages and be able to show strategies which will engage, challenge and encourage our students. The Faculty takes students on language trips abroad so you would be expected to make an impact inside and outside the classroom
If you are passionate and enthusiastic about seeing students achieve, and enjoy developing their skills, we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate will be:
• passionate about their subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
• committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
• capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
• a role model for our students and staff.
• experienced in raising standards and expectations.
In return we will offer you:
• the satisfaction of being part of a dynamic and creative team.
• students who have a desire to achieve and respect the school’s expectations.
• programmes for supported induction and professional development.
• excellent care and support for all staff.
An application pack is available from our website or from:
CVs alone are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check