Teaching Staff Vacancies
As Lemov writes, ‘No one wants to spend their career at odds with the organisation they work for, trying to hide from the training it offers, or watching the philosophy change every year while thinking, this too shall pass.’
John Mason School -Cultural Fit
Working in a school where you are not aligned with the culture is a miserable experience. So … we both need to have alignment if you come to work here!
· We believe that every child deserves a Champion.
· We believe that we can all improve as teachers.
· We believe in the limitless potential of people.
· We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students’ progress.
· We believe that teaching requires dedication and sweat.
· We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better – you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
· We believe that basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
· We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with feedback.
· We expect every teacher to plan lessons using assessment information.
· We believe that staff and students come equal first.
· We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
· We admire the generosity of spirit.
· We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
· We live by the values of Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
Closing: 20th Febuary 2018
Full Time Position
Responsible to Headteacher
Start Date: 1 September 2018
Salary: Leadership 18 – 22
Due to the retirement of our current Deputy Headteacher, John Mason School has an opportunity for a well-qualified, highly motivated and inspirational leader. We are looking for a team player who is an excellent teacher, good communicator and who is committed to delivering outcomes for all our students. They must have a “can-do” attitude, be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure. There is flexibility in the specific role and responsibilities the successful candidate will carry out, based on prior experience and the skills and abilities of the existing team. However, we are particularly interested to hear from candidates with teaching and learning leadership experience and good knowledge and understanding of 14 - 19 curriculum and strategy. Flexibility, willingness to learn and initiative are essential.
Key Requirements for this position:
• A great teacher with high expectations and standards, and a passion for their subject.
• A leader who can inspire, enthuse and motivate both students and staff.
• An excellent communicator with a proven track record of raising achievement.
• A desire to improve opportunities and outcomes for all students.
John Mason School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
HOW TO APPLY: If you would like to apply for this position, please download the application pack from our website www.johnmason.oxon.sch.uk Completed applications should be returned to Jane Howse, HR Manager, (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by the closing date of 12 noon on Tuesday 20 February 2018.
School visits available 31 January and 7 February 2018 between 2.00 p.m. and 4.00 p.m. Selection days will be held on Tuesday 27 February and Wednesday 28 February 2018.